Franklin Armory® is expanding and in need of a full-time R&D Coordinator. As an R&D Coordinator, you will work with the Engineering team to assist with new products and parts development and testing. This position is at our Minden, NV facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and follow-up with the Senior Engineer’s instructions daily.
- Ensure Compliance of the project schedules by the usage of various review mechanisms and templates.
- Schedule Meetings with the Senior Engineer and Engineering department.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and other material as needed for internal and external meetings. Will need to be able to anticipate the needs of the executive staffand adapt to last minute changes.
- Maintain an overall resource plan for the R & D group to ensure that projects meet schedules.
- Report on the progress of projects to the Senior Engineer.
- Promptly follow through on issues. Proactively communicate information to internal executives/managers to ensure smooth business operations.
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Provides general administrative duties, project support, special events and activities as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferred
- Mechanically inclined with a good working attitude, a self-starter
- Gunsmithing Experience
- R&D or Manufacturing Experience
- Strong comprehension of machining drawings
- Has strong experience in cad work
- Prior experience in reverse engineering preferred
- Prior experience with Siemens NX preferred
- Experience with manual/CNC machining
- Vendor communications/relations
- Prior experience as a manufacturing engineer preferred
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Have a working knowledge of common hand tools
- Must be drug-free
- Must be eligible to legally possess firearms
- Must be comfortable with the safe handling of firearms
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office, Project, and QuickBooks is preferred
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with machinery with moving parts.
- Maintain the highest level of safety and cleanliness in and around the production and assembly areas.
- Must be willing to work on outdoor tasks that may be in cold or hot weather.
- Performing visual and mechanical checks to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Communicate with the chief of design regarding potential issues that could affect product quality and safety including equipment and product issues.
- Ensure that all documentation is correct including quantities and other records.
- Report defective parts/equipment or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Must be present in regular attendance and have a flexible work schedule.
- Ensure compliance with legal- and company ordinances in his/her areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge of QA requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of nonconforming parts.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and process in his/her area of responsibility through continuing education.
- Extensive background checks are performed.
We offer competitive compensation as well as health coverage for the employee. We are a growing company and look forward to working with personnel that wish to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company, with fantastic growth potential. If you think you have what it takes, please respond via email only with your resume.
All qualified candidates please click on the link below to apply for the job opening.
This is a full-time position.
Franklin Armory® is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace". All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.