Franklin Armory® is expanding its Quality Control Department and is in need of a new full-time Quality Control Technician. As a Quality Control Technician, you will establish and execute procedures to ensure proprietary parts are built to print. Being in a high growth environment, this position is instrumental in formalizing and expanding the company’s QC Program. Mechanical aptitude and critical thinking skills are a must. This position is located at our Minden, NV facility.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Includes proficiency with surface plate layout techniques with traditional measuring devices (e.g., indicator, height gages, calipers, micrometers)
- Manufacturing experience required
- Drawing/blueprint reading, including working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience with the use and programing of CMM, MicroView, and other measurement tools.
- Basic MS Word and Excel Skills
- Knowledge of semi-automatic AR style rifles is a bonus
- Possess the ability to work closely with a variety of multiple manufacturing skill sets
- Must be drug-free
- Ability to problem solve
- Successfully pass pre-employment background checks
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside/inside, around moving objects, and machinery. Frequent exposure to fumes, dust, and noise
- Evaluate parts against prints and accept/reject as necessary
- Maintain knowledge of QC requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of conforming/non-conforming parts. Monitor and ensure that all established QC procedures, both verbal and written, are being adhered to
- Work closely with internal and external vendors to ensure consistent, acceptable parts flow
- Maintain the highest level of safety awareness at all times
- Work closely with firearms assembly and repair personnel to identify issues and problem solve
- Drive corrective action when needed to maintain expected standards
- Must be present in regular attendance and have a flexible work schedule
- Ensures compliance with legal and company ordinances in his/her areas of responsibility
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, machinery, etc.
- Keeps his/her standard of knowledge up-to-date in his/her area of responsibility through continuing education
We offer competitive compensation as well as health coverage for the employee. We are a growing company and look forward to working with personnel that wishes to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company with fantastic growth potential. If you think that you have what it takes, please respond via email only with your resume.
All qualified candidates please, click on the link below to apply for the job opening.
This is a full-time position.
Franklin Armory® is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace". All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.