Franklin Armory® is expanding and in need of a new full-time Lead Assembler. This role as the Lead Assembler you will build, QC multiple types of fire control groups, and maintain efficiency standards. Must have the ability to lead by example, gain respect from a team and communicate with clarity. Mechanical aptitude and critical thinking skills are a must. This position is at our Minden, NV facility.
- High School Diploma or GED with 1-3 years of relevant building, assembly or installation experience
- Experience in warehouse responsibilities such as: loading and unload product using a forklift
- Need to know the general use of hand, and power tools
- Must be able to use precise measurement tools and utilize technical drawings
- Possess personal tools to perform the job
- Previous personnel management is a plus
- Must be drug-free
- Ability to problem solve
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate walking, standing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with machinery with moving parts. Frequent exposure to fumes, dust, and noise
- Test production firearms according to company procedures and productivity goals as well as internal quality specifications
- Maintain the highest level of safety and cleanliness in and around the product range and assembly area
- Communicate with shift supervisor and/or line leads to potential issues that could affect product quality and/or safety including equipment and product issues
- Ensure that all documentation is correct including quantities and other records
- Report defective parts/equipment or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Work performed in a shop environment.
- Must be present in regular attendance and have a flexible work schedule
- Ensure compliance with legal and company ordinances in his/her area of responsibility
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of QC requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of nonconforming parts
- Keeps his/her standard of knowledge up-to-date in his/her area of responsibility through continuing education measures
- Extensive background checks are performed
We offer competitive compensation as well as health coverage for the employee. We are a growing company and look forward to working with personnel that wishes to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company, with fantastic growth potential. If you think that you have what it takes, please respond via email only with your resume.
All qualified candidates please, click on the link below to apply for the job opening.
This is a full-time position.
Franklin Armory® is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a "Drug-Free Workplace". All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.